I’m nearly there! Getting bigger and fatter and Baby N is moving so much that I have to keep going to the bathroom!!
Its getting even harder to breathe properly these days too….oh the ‘joys’ of pregnancy…
Been a bit lazy the past couple of weeks and have been cooking lesser and simpler. Since today I had some time on hand and was able to finish work a Lil earlier, I decided to cook something different…
Its ginger chicken :) with the pregnancy body and craving, I know I need more ginger intake..
Inspired by Lily Ng
1 lb chicken breast or thigh
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup sliced ginger
1/4 cup water or broth
4 tbsp soya sauce
4 tbsp dark soy sauce (I substituted with oyster sauce)
Choice of vegetable (I used shanghai bakchoy)
1. Heat up wok with oil. Once hot, throw in ginger
2. Cook til ginger is aromatic. Initial recipe asked to scoop them out then add some more oil if required to cook the chicken. But I just add the chicken onto the ginger in the wok.
3. Cook til chicken is half done.
4. Ads water, soy sauce and dark soy sauce and bring to boil.
5. I added the vege about 3 mins after adding items in (4) above.
6. Cook til sauce thickens and vege is cooked through.
7. Serve with warm rice and enjoy!!
Attempted the flourless chocolate brownie last Sat and kept it refrigerated til today! Goodness! Totally forgot about it. Until just now when I was looking for food..it was absolutely delicious!!!!!
Trust me you gotta try this, its super simple and easy!
Inspired by ohlardy.com
3 large eggs
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup palm sugar (I used less sugar, about 3/4 cup but added in 1 tbsp of honey)
1/4 cup olive oil (I used less than 3 tbsp oil and added in about 3 tbsp almond milk)
2 tsp vanilla extract (I omitted)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl til velvety smooth
3. Pour into parchment lined loaf pan
4. Bake for 25-30 mins til brownies are soft in the middle and have a nice jiggle
5. Let cool at least 5 hours before slicing (in the fridge)
You may be like me, forgot about it til you get so hungry and decide to explore the fridge and find this gem!!! Yumsssss! Enjoy!