Been a bit lazy the past couple of weeks and have been cooking lesser and simpler. Since today I had some time on hand and was able to finish work a Lil earlier, I decided to cook something different…
Its ginger chicken :) with the pregnancy body and craving, I know I need more ginger intake..
Inspired by Lily Ng Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breast or thigh
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup sliced ginger
1/4 cup water or broth
4 tbsp soya sauce
4 tbsp dark soy sauce (I substituted with oyster sauce)
Choice of vegetable (I used shanghai bakchoy)
1. Heat up wok with oil. Once hot, throw in ginger
2. Cook til ginger is aromatic. Initial recipe asked to scoop them out then add some more oil if required to cook the chicken. But I just add the chicken onto the ginger in the wok.
3. Cook til chicken is half done.
4. Ads water, soy sauce and dark soy sauce and bring to boil.
5. I added the vege about 3 mins after adding items in (4) above.
6. Cook til sauce thickens and vege is cooked through.
7. Serve with warm rice and enjoy!!
Attempted the flourless chocolate brownie last Sat and kept it refrigerated til today! Goodness! Totally forgot about it. Until just now when I was looking for food..it was absolutely delicious!!!!!
Here’s how it looked like
Trust me you gotta try this, its super simple and easy!
Inspired by ohlardy.com
3 large eggs
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup palm sugar (I used less sugar, about 3/4 cup but added in 1 tbsp of honey)
1/4 cup olive oil (I used less than 3 tbsp oil and added in about 3 tbsp almond milk)
2 tsp vanilla extract (I omitted)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl til velvety smooth
3. Pour into parchment lined loaf pan
4. Bake for 25-30 mins til brownies are soft in the middle and have a nice jiggle
5. Let cool at least 5 hours before slicing (in the fridge)
You may be like me, forgot about it til you get so hungry and decide to explore the fridge and find this gem!!! Yumsssss! Enjoy!
Was supposed to go to Athens today but it was raining non stop since midnight… So the trip was canceled after we got up at 8AM…. Plenty of time to spare and I decided to bake, of course :)
Made cheese bread and flourless brownie (the latter still cooling in the fridge)
Here’s the outcome
Inspired by Give Recipe
3 eggs, at room temperature
4 cups plain yogurt, at room temperature ( I substituted with 2.5 cups of almond milk)
1 and ¾ cup flour of choice (I used whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 and ½ cup mixture of your favorite cheese, crumbled or grated
1. Grease 30cmx17cm baking pan and put aside. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat eggs well until creamy.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients one by one, mixing each of them well.
4. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake it for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
5. Cut it into squares and serve.