Was inspired by Half Baked Haevest ‘s recipe and decided to make my own chilli cashew noodles with chicken breast instead of shrimp. Well I’m sure it works with whatever meat you have in your fridge
Was yummy although lacked a bit of sweetness to it. Probably coz of the honey I used – pure clover.
But overall loved it sour with a hint of sweetness. And easy to whip up in about 30 mins or less of time.
1 package of noodles (meehoon or kway teow)
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 lb of chicken breast sliced to pieces
1 spoonful of garlic
1/2 cup of onion (about 1 onion head)
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp honey (I added another 2 later on)
Lemon juice from 1 lemon
1/4 cup soya sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 red bell pepper (I omitted and replaced with 1 broccoli head)
1/2 cup cashew nuts
1. Soak the rice noodles according to package directions.
2. In a bowl combine the honey, fish sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Heat a large sided skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Add in onion and garlic and cook til aromatic.
4. Put the meat in and cook through, about 3-4 mins.
5. Add some red chilli flakes and the cashews and stir fry for about a minute.
6. Add in broccoli and saute for 3-5 minutes or until just soft.
7. Then add the sauce to the pan, stir and cook one more minute. Add the noodles and stir for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Serve..